Housing Assistance Application Process
- Complete the Under 1 Roof Housing Applications. You have to open the application in Adobe Acrobat to complete and save it.
- If you are using a mobile device or tablet, you will need to download Adobe Acrobat to complete the form.
- Please include a working email and phone number in order to be contacted.
- Submit your application (along with qualifying documents) Incomplete applications or applications submitted without required document may experience processing delays or denied.
- Below you will find the list of qualifying documents needed to receive assistance.
- If you have these documents in an electronic version, proceed to upload.
- Make sure the document name has no spaces or special characters. For example: NameApplication.pdf or Name_Application.pdf (correct); Name application.pdf (incorrect). The document will not upload propertly with spaces in the document name.
- If you have these documents in a hard-copy version, please read below for instructions on how-to upload:
- Please email Janet A jakorikin @ under1roofdallas.org for technical assistance.
- PHOTOS & SCREENSHOTS from your phone will NOT be accepted.
- Once your application is submitted, someone from our case management team will contact you via email or text message to schedule an interview.
- In order to schedule an interview with our case management team, please download Zoom, a video conferencing app (HIPPA-compliant). Your interview will be conducted virtually through this app.
- Once your interview is complete and qualifying documents are received and approved, Under 1 Roof’s Case Management Team will process your application.
Verify you have the complete application and supporting documents then upload your required files below. All documents MUST be uploaded below. Emailed applications and documents will not be reviewed. Under1Roof is committed to offering our clients excellent service. In order to maintain this standard, we need clients to have all required documents together in PDF format (no other format will be accepted) so each file can be efficiently processed. We thank you for your assistance in allowing us to assist as many as clients as possible.
Under 1 Roof Housing Assistance Criteria
Under 1 Roof Housing Program Application
State ID/Driver’s License
Letter of Homelessness
Social Security Card
(Each member of the family)
(Each member of the family)
Benefit Documents (Food Stamps, SSI, etc.)
(Each member of the family, if applicable)
- Age Minimum: 21 years old
- Must be homeless and provide letter of homelessness from shelter.
- Family must consist of one or more children under the age of 18.
If you are receiving an error in the upload box, i.e. a red message, verify the document is a PDF (.pdf) and no spaces exist in the name of the document.
You will be notified of acceptance/denial via email or text message within 24-48 business hours of your virtual interview.